The Tale of the Giraffe Who Doesn't Want to Sleep

 Once upon a time. There was a giraffe. He was so tall, so tall that when he was hungry, he could easily eat the leaves on the highest branches of the trees. One day he was hungry again. He started to smack the leaves of the first tree in front of him... But suddenly he heard a thin angry voice. "Heey, wait, monster! Why are you tearing my garden out?" A little bird looking at the giraffe. "I'm not a monster!" he said to the bird. "But all the leaves you ate are the garden of my house... You almost swallowed my nest in your huge mouth," said the bird. Giraffe is very upset. "I didn't know you had a home here. Then I'll eat the leaves of another tree." But what if another bird has a nest in another tree? The bird offered to help him. "I'll fly ahead and see if you want. I'll let you know if there's a nest hidden in the leaves." Thus, the bird and the giraffe became friends. The bird showed him the place of the trees that did not have a nest in their branches, the giraffe ate a lot of leaves and fed him. If there were caterpillars on the leaves it ate, then the giraffe was telling the bird. The bird ate the caterpillar. Because birds love caterpillars and worms. "Watch out, bigfoot monster! You almost stepped on me!" The giraffe bent down and looked in the direction the sound came from. What do you see at once?  A little bunny! Since the giraffe's eyes are always on the trees, he could not see the rabbit on the ground. "I'm sorry, brother rabbit," he said. "We were eating in the trees with the bird brother, I didn't look ahead." The rabbit was intrigued. He said, "I am very short. Even when I grow up to be a huge rabbit, I will not be as tall as a tree. However, I always wonder what the world will look like from the top of the trees." The giraffe said, "What's easier than this? I'll bow my head, you climb up and hold my neck. So you can watch from the top of the trees." The rabbit was very happy and immediately clung to the giraffe's neck. The bird was also very happy with this work. It was the first time he had seen a rabbit climbing into the sky. Thus, the giraffe, the bird and the rabbit became friends. In the evening they played until the sun went down. The bird first saw the sun waving at them. “It is evening, we must go home now,” he said to his friends. The giraffe was immediately thrown. "Forget it! There's still time before nightfall. I don't like to sleep anyway. What if we don't sleep tonight but play all the time?" Rabbit really liked the idea. "Yes, yes, I don't like to sleep either. Let's go home very late tonight. Let's stay here and play." The lonely bird was worried because it would be late for home. But in the end he agreed. They are into the game. They played, they played, they played so much that the sun had already disappeared in the sky and it got dark. “But I am very sleepy,” the bird whined. "I'm going home now!" Then PIRRR! He took wings and flew home. "I want to sleep too!" said the rabbit. "Goodbye brother giraffe, see you tomorrow." Then he ran so fast with his long hind legs that he suddenly disappeared. Giraffe didn't mind. He didn't want to sleep. Playing games is better than sleeping. But he looked to his right, to his left, and he could not see anyone around to play with. Everyone is already asleep. It's dark everywhere. Trees, flowers, even stones were not visible. After a while, the giraffe got bored. He's also sleepy. He opened his mouth wide and started to yawn. She wanted to be in her warm bed, but she could neither fly like a bird nor run with a girl like a rabbit. With his tall stature, he had to walk very slowly in order not to crash into trees in the dark. Walked... Walked! Gone... Gone! But he could not reach his home... The giraffe was so sleepy that it immediately lay down on the wet grass. He slept soundly. In the morning, he awoke to the bright rays of the sun. He woke up, but could not move. He was hurting all over. He fell ill with a cold because he slept all night in the cold. After that day, the giraffe was sick for days. He never went out to play until he got better. While his friends, the bird and the rabbit, were playing happily, he was at home, waiting to be healed. Of course, he eventually recovered and joined his friends. But now the giraffe saw that it was getting dark and the sun was waving to them, and said, "Come on guys, it's time to go home." Besides, the giraffe loves to sleep now. She also loved her soft and cozy bed. Sleeping is so good!

Reacties